API Nitrite Test Kit
- Contains 180 tests
- Reads nitrite levels from 0 to 5 ppm
- Contains color chart, clear instructions and glass tube(s)
Taking a few minutes each week to maintain and monitor aquarium conditions is the key to a healthy aquarium. Nitrite is produced in the aquarium by fish waste and uneaten fish food. Toxic nitrite is produced by nitrifying bacteria in the biological filter as it breaks down ammonia. Low levels of nitrite inhibit respiration and suppress the immune system; high levels cause suffocation. The NITRITE TEST KIT tests for harmful nitrite levels from 0 to 5 ppm. For use in freshwater and saltwater aquariums.
- Measures nitrate levels on both fresh and saltwater aquariums.
- High levels of nitrate are a food source for unwanted algae and indicate poor water quality and health problems for fish.
- Tests nitrate levels from 0 to 160ppm