The Kelly Kettle will boil water in 3 to 5 minutes, in all weather conditions, using virtually any fuel you can find…… making it a vital piece of Camping Equipment for anyone who enjoys the outdoors.
Available in Aluminium or Stainless Steel, the Kelly Kettle is essentially a double-walled chimney with the water contained within the chimney wall. Once the camp kettle is filled with water, simply start a very small fire in the base, set the kelly kettle on the base and drop additional fuel down the chimney (natural environmentally friendly fuels such as twigs, leaves, grass, paper, dry-animal dung, etc.!).
The large internal surface area of the chimney heats the water extremely fast so, very little fuel is required. The fire is all safely contained within the fire-base and the chimney of the kettle itself so, a) strong wind and rain does not interfere with the fire and b) the kelly kettle is safe to use in many areas where open fires are not suitable. Within a matter of minutes, the water will come to a rolling boil. It really is that simple!
To start with, remove the fire base from the bottom of the kelly kettle and place the base on level ground – flat side down.
1. Remove protective cork/stopper from kettle and fill kettle with water. Do not replace the stopper/cork – the water spout must be free from ALL obstructions when the kettle is in use. (Note: If you do not need to carry water in the kettle, we recommend that the stopper/cork be removed entirely from the kettle as this will ensure that the kettle is not misused)
Then place the kettle securely on the base. Additional fuel (small sticks, pine cones, etc.) can now be dropped down the chimney of the kelly kettle.
2. Fill the base with combustible material such as newspaper, dry grass or very small tinder. Add some kindling on top of the tinder.
3. Light fire through the hole(s) in side of the base and face the hole(s) into the wind for extra draft if required.
4. Insert additional fuel through the chimney top as required.
5. When the water boils, use both hands to hold the wire handle at a 90° angle to the body of the Kettle (the wire handle will be cool to touch), then lift the Kettle clear of the base. Once clear of the base, the kettle can be carried around camp like a bucket if needs be. To pour, simply hold the handle in one hand and lift gently on the chain with your other hand.
If additional water is required, simply refill the kelly kettle with water and place it back on the base when the fire is still burning. Refill the chimney with fuel and you can look forward to a second kettle full of boiling water within a matter of minutes!
When you have finished using your kettle, empty it of all water and store it in a dry place. When in storage, the stopper should/cork should be left out of the spout to allow air circulate through the water chamber.
The Kelly Kettle is an absolute must for any discerning angler, camper or hill walker!
- Strong 3-layer breathable fabric construction
- 100% Waterproof with more than 20,000mm
- Highly breathable with over 4.000mvp
- Deluxe handwarmer front pocket with water repellent zipper
- 2 D-rings for various tools
- Elastic adjustable suspenders with slim strong buckles
- Adjustable upper chest for better fit
- Flip out inner pocket with secure zip