Baumanns of Stillorgan
Jack & Catherine Baumann founded Baumanns of Stillorgan in Sept 1947.
Within a very short time Jack Baumann built a very successful business, catering for high class delicatessen, newsagent, and pet accessories, pet’s corner, toys, confectionery, fruit and vegetables, flower, builder’s providers, ladies and gent hairdressing, hardware, garden equipment and supplies, and garden sheds.
Baumanns of Stillorgan was also one of the first ice cream parlors in south county Dublin.
Jack Baumann was known as the little man with a big heart, he became known as the “King of Stillorgan”, running many charitable events within the south co Dublin area, also employing local staff, many of which dedicated and served their whole lives in the shop.
In 1978, Val Baumann took over the rains and focused on the hardware, pet supplies, and garden shed business.
The aquatic centre and fishing and shooting supplies were added to the Baumanns of Stillorgan business in 2002, and the business has been building steadily to what it is today.
Baumanns of Stillorgan website is the latest addition to the Baumann business.