Animal Traps from defenders are fully assembled for easy set-up and trapping of minks and other similar sized nuisance animals. Use it for the safe and effective control of unwanted wildlife in gardens, on farms and other wildlife habitats. Select the site where the nuisance animals are a problem. For the best results set up in an area away from human activity. Once set the trap(s) should be left in position for at least seven days before relocating.
- Always wear gloves when handling traps. This prevents contact with potential contaminants. It also helps prevent the transfer of human odours onto the traps.
- Lift Trap door until fully open
- Holding the trap door in the open position, set the trap by swinging the setting hook beneath the bush on the trap door and then lowering the door to release pressure back onto the setting hook. Once the trap is set the treadle at the front should be pitched at an angle to the ground.
- Place bait in front of the treadle. Eggs or meat and fish are recommended.
- Push trap door spring forward whilst lifting locking bar from the top of the trap.
- For Safe handling and transportation use the carrier handles at the top of the trap. Always wear gloves.
- Iridescent tape flashes and reflects light to repel birds, deer and other nuisance animals
- Protects fruit and vegetable gardens, seedlings and newly seeded lawns
- 30 metre value pack
- Welfare-friendly deterrent that is safe for wildlife and pets
- Tough, weatherproof and long lasting 100 micron tape